|Hjem / Selskaper / Rosenberg / Historie /|
Established 1896 - over 100 years continous operation.
A/S Rosenberg Mekaniske was founded 1896 in Sandvigå.
Work included ship repair, foundry, and equipment for local industry, with occasional ship building. From 1902 to1908 a total of 28 ships was built at A/S Rosenberg Mekaniske at Sandvigå.
The yard at Buøy was established in 1915:
A total of ten ships were also built and delivered from Sandvigå during 1915 to 1920.
From June 1920 the main activity was located at Buøy which was the most modern and advanced shipyard in Norway.
The dry dock was completed in 1920. A larger dry dock with capacity for ships up to 65 000 tonnes was completed in 1959.
Already in 1896 working conditions and safety was an issue with organisation of the workers as the main focus. Organisation of the workers at Rosenberg gained impetus in 1906, and the employee’s organisations have been important contributors to the development of HES at Rosenberg.
In the late 1800s, Norwegian mechanical industry was in growth and an important contributor to "modernising" Norway. The industry produced specialised products using imported iron and steel as raw materials.
Rosenberg fabricated a wide range of products for private customers, local trade, industry and public institutions, both as standard products or to customer’s measurements and specifications. The range of products, services and competence has expanded from the start as a mechanical workshop and foundry.
Rosenberg has maintained and developed the expertise, resources and facilities to enable the production of a wide range of products.
During the recession in the twenties and thirties, commissioning of new ships stopped nearly totally, and Rosenberg maintained activity by focussing on repair and maintenance work.
From 1945 to 1970, Rosenberg was owned by Sigval Bergesen and established a solid reputation as a major builder of large tank ships.
In 1951, we delivered the worlds largest tankers. Kværner bought the ship yard in 1970. Kværner’s patent for tankers for freight of liquid gas was the basis for the building of a series of large LNG tankers.
Kværner Rosenberg started its current commitment to the offshore industry with the building of Statfjord B in 1979.
Since Statfjord B, a large number and variety of offshore products and installations have been produced at Kværner Rosenberg. The references show involvement at the forefront of the industry, and the successful completion of projects such as Jotun FPSO and Åsgard B demonstrates the capability to handle large and complex projects.
The transfer of ownership of Kvaerner Rosenberg AS from Aker Kvaerner to new owners, a local investor group in Stavanger, was carried out on 1 March 2004.
In 2007 Rosenberg was included in the Bergen Group ASA and the company name was changed to Bergen Group Rosenberg AS.
Today’s Rosenberg is the result of a continuous process of evolution and improvement to suit new markets and requirements. Since 1915, the yard has undergone continuous improvement with focus on efficiency and quality. The result is improved flexibility, capability and capacity.
Our focus on flexibility will enable us to continue to respond to changing requirements.
Rosenberg has, in its fields, been an important contributor to the development of the Norwegian offshore industry and intend to contribute to the future.
We will continue to use initiative and creativity to meet market requirements.
BERGEN GROUP • Thormøhlensgate 53c • 5006 Bergen • Tlf.: +47 55 54 25 00 • Fax: +47 55 54 25 01 • E-mail: email@example.com